Gowanus Open Studios 2016 will take place THIS WEEKEND October 14-16, 2016. Studios are Open both Saturday and Sunday from 12noon to 6pm).
Sign up at the right for our mailing list to be sure to receive announcements about Gowanus Open Studios and other Arts Gowanus events.
About Gowanus Open Studios
Gowanus Open Studios 2016: October 14-16, 2016.
350+ Artist Studios will be open 12:00pm – 6:00pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Join in the Kick-Off Party on Friday, Oct 14, 7pm, at Dirty Precious, 317 3rd Ave (Gowanus)
Where to pick up a Map of GOS 2016
Printed guide-maps of all the studios will be available starting Friday, October 14. They can be found at the Kick-Off Party Friday night, as well as several Pick Up Locations on Saturday.
NOTE: You will also be able to spot participating studios by the balloons on the doors!
Locations to Pick Up Your Guide/Map of Studios for GOS 2016 (view on google maps):
- 304 5th Avenue (at 2nd Street), sales gallery for 251 First
- 110 Nevins (between Pacific Street and Dean Street)
- Gotham Archery, 480 Baltic St (between Nevins and Bond)
- 365 Bond Street (on 1st Street entrance)
- Insa Korean BBQ, 328 Douglass St (between 3-4th Avenues)
- 543 Union Street (between Nevins St and the Canal, closest to Union Street Subway on R train)
- Spaceworks, 540 President Street, entrance from the parking lot (between 3rd – 4th Avenues)
- Shapeshifter Lab, 18 Whitwell Place (between Carroll and 1st Street)
- Artist and Craftsman (Store), 307 2nd Street (at 4th Avenue)
- Old Stone House, 336 3rd Street (between 4-5th Avenues)
- Griffin Editions, 411 3rd Ave (between 6-7th Streets)
- 168 7th Street (between 2nd-3rd Avenues)
- Gowanus Lofts and Galleries, 61 9th St. (between 2nd Avenue and the Canal)
- 440 Gallery, 440 6th Avenue (between 9-10th Streets)
- Gowanus Wine Merchants, 493 3rd Ave (between 10-11th Streets)
- Brooklyn Glass, 142 13th Street (between 2nd-3rd Avenues)
- MadArts, 255 18th Street (between 5-6th Avenues)
- TI Studios, 183 Lorraine Street (between Clinton and Court Streets)
NOTE: Most artists and buildings will have some maps available, so you might be able to get a map at any stop. These locations will be sure to have plenty of maps.
Special Events (in addition to the noon-6pm open studios hours)
GOS 2016 Art Party on Saturday, October 15
Natural/Unnatural Presented by Gowanus Swim Society at Halyards Bar (406 3rd Avenue in Gowanus, corner of 6th St)
Featuring live music and artistic performances
6pm – Until….
GOS 2016 Closing Party on Sunday, October 16
Closing Party Hosted by Arts Gowanus and Threes Brewing at 333 Douglass Street.
6 – 10pm
We highly recommend public transportation. Parking is sparse and there are no parking lots in the neighborhood.
By Train: R, G and F trains all come to Gowanus. We recommend the F/G to Smith-9th Station or the R to Union St Station or 4th Ave-9th Street.
By Bus: Several city buses make their way through the Gowanus neighborhood, too. (The B37 goes right along 3rd Avenue).
Start Planning Your Visit Today!
Visit our Directory of Artists online and get a sneak peek at the artists who are participating, their work, and where they are located.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter through Open Studios weekend to stay connected with other visitors and artists. Don’t forget to document your own experience on social media using the tag #GOS2016.
Check out our Tips for Visitors to make the most of your GOS 2016 experience.
Stop by our generous sponsors and other local Gowanus businesses! Don’t forget to thank them for their support for GOS 2016.
Artists! Registration is STILL OPEN!
Did you know that it’s not too late to register for GOS 2016? Late registration runs right up until the week of Gowanus Open Studios 2016. Artists signing up through late registration will NOT be included on the printed map, however, they WILL be included on the online artist directory and are eligible for all the other perks of being a GOS 2016 artist. So if you want to participate in GOS 2016 register at this link!
Want to help out? Visit our volunteer page to find out more. We have roles for artists and non-artists. Join our lively crew working hard to make GOS 2016 happen.
Don’t hesitate to be in touch if you have questions: email@example.com